Cooking salmon is challenging. But once you get the hang of it, you can create it inside your home. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make this simple dish.
Here are the ingredients that you are going to need:
- Skin-on fillet of salmon weighing 6 ounces
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Juice of half a lemon
Here are the steps on how to make it:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- Put the frying pan on the stove and set it on high heat. Drizzle the oil in the pan.
- Take some kitchen towels and dry off excess moisture from the fish. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish on all sides.
- As soon as you see smoke coming from the oil, put the fish skin side down. You can weigh it down a little with a flat spatula.
- Wait for about 5 minutes or until the skin crisps up. Place the fish inside the oven to roast it for five minutes. Baste it with the oil in the pan. Take the fish out and drizzle with lemon juice.
Remember to use a pan with a black or dark surface such as cast-iron.